Sunday, October 15, 2006

Who sends these retro emails?

Sorry to be non-Halloween for two days in a row but I am getting really annoyed by what I call "retro emails".

I get a lot of emails every day and I try to deal with them all, which means a lot of deleting :-)
It is very frustrating when I have finished and my inbox still shows an unanswered email or two.

When this first happened I thought I was going crazy and I had to go through thousands of old messages (time for another cleanup!) to find the culprit. What somebody had done was set their computer to 2004 and the mail became the very first one in my archive.

OK, now I know so I can just go to the last page and delete it, right?

Wrong! Some more sophisticated vandals set the time for just 5 or 6 months ago so you have to spend more time searching. All in all, these "retro emails" are very frustrating and time consuming.

Anybody got any ideas about how to block them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home